Search This Blog

A Bit More

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

FRIDAY'S FOTO----EARLY FOR A REASON

For Thanksgiving, I thought I'd post a bit early.  I took these photos at a deployment ceremony as the soldiers left us and got on the bus headed for the airport and a year away in Afghanistan.  You know why I was there.

We are thankful that we have men and women and their supportive families.  Their sacrifices cannot ever be repaid.

The Red Cross runs a holiday card program to deliver cards to members of our military.  The deadline in Dec. 6.  This is the address:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capital Heights, MD 20791-5456


I don't know who this woman saying goodbye is, but their hands tell the whole story for me.

As this soldier says his last goodbyes to his family,
we can all see what a wrenching moment this is.

1 comment:

John D. said...

This a really moving. I will send cards.