Search This Blog

A Bit More

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BIZARRE FOOD'S ANDREW ZIMMERN AND HIS CRICKETS ARE A QUALIFIED HIT

Thanks to Andrew Zimmern and his Travel Channel program Bizarre Foods, the crickets he sent me continue to be a hit with some of my friends. I think he earned some interested new viewers as well.

Rick tasted both the salt and vinegar crick-ettes and the bacon and cheese crickets. Rob ate some more. Here are their videoed testimonies.




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Rick eats a Crick-ette
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow









Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Rob eats a Crick-ette
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


I took the crick-ettes to my physical therapy session and offered them to any takers. One man took the remaining bacon and cheese crick-ettes home with him. The office’s intern, Emily, said, “Not as crunchy as I thought. It tasted like salt and vinegar cardboard with the texture of a cheese doodle puff. Not bad. Thank you.”

At my birthday barbecue, Brian popped one of the salt n’ vinegar crick-ettes into his mouth, and here is what he had to say:







Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Brian Eats A Crick-ette
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




I have a few crick-ette “crumbs” left, and I am going to see if I can find at least one more hearty and adventurous soul.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were in the very small town of Yangon in Myanmar in 1997 and we were somewhat sickened by thesight of crickeets being fried in the open aas a lunch treat for the locals. Rob is most brave!!! Luv ya.

Beth said...

I ALWAYS LIKE THE BOOK INFORMATION , OUR READING TASTES ARE STILL PRETTY SIMILAR AND LEMONCELLA IN GOSHEN HAS GREAT CHICKEN LEMONCELLA.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, THE SMILE BOXES ARE SUCH FUN